Saturday, October 16, 2010

Maki's Lucky Dress

Tomorrow morning, Monday, October 18, 2010, Maki Torero will be wearing her "lucky dress." Paco had no idea his daughter even had a "lucky dress" until he asked the 9-year-old what she was wearing to the US Embassy for their visa interview.

"I'm wearing my lucky dress. You know--the one I wore on the day you married Mommy Tami."

"Oh, that's nice," Paco said.

"You were so happy and smiling that day," Maki continued. "If I wear it, I know it will be our lucky day, and you will be smiling forever because we'll get to live with Mommy Tami."

Have I mentioned how much I love this brilliant little girl...as well as her beautiful big sister (not to mention their incredibly handsome dad?!!!)

Yup...Monday is THE BIG DAY! We've been talking about and anticipating this day for well over a year now--THE VISA INTERVIEW!

Every form we've filled out, every document we've had stamped, sealed, and translated, every fee we've paid, every overnight express package we've mailed (to each other or to The National Visa Center) has lead us to Monday morning at 7:30 (Central as well as Peruvian time). The outcome of this interview will allow us to FINALLY be the family that we've been anxious to be since the day Paco proposed to me. See the picture to the left? Just add in 7 more kids and there you have our not-so-little happy family. (Updated family picture to come AS SOON AS WE'RE ALL FINALLY TOGETHER!)

We're so sure everything will go well at the US Embassy tomorrow that Paco has already purchased their airline tickets. That's the other BIG DAY--the REALLY BIG DAY--November 8, 2010. 15 months from the day we were married, Paco and I will finally be together again...and this time, FOREVER!!!


I LOVE YOU, PACO!!! Good luck in the interview tomorrow. Just be yourself and you'll do great. We have played by all the rules of this immigration ordeal, and now it's our turn... Go claim your visa, pack your bags, and get ready. We have our Happily Ever After ahead of us!

As for me tomorrow... I think I'll follow the example of a brilliant 9-year-old and at 7:30 put on my "lucky dress." Yeah, it's a little formal...but that's okay. Tomorrow is THE BIG DAY!!!

More to come...

5 comments:

  1. Tami - this is so exciting! I'm sure all will be well. Good luck to Paco and the girls :)
    Love ya! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping all of my fingers and toes and eyeballs crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you and your family! Paco, good luck and hope to have you here in the states with your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and your beautiful family... with lots of love.....Karen and your dad!

    ReplyDelete